Hand carved wood cross, surviving from the old iconostasis (templon) of the Katholikon.
Unfortunately during times of abandonment and desolation, the most valuable relics were entrusted to other monasteries and churches. Portable icons have survived, now protected with great care.
The elaborate wood carved cross originally belonging to the old iconostasis (templon), positioned over its Royal Doors, has survived to this day. The old diptych that dates from 1830 also has huge historical value. Finally, a bronze engraved tray for antidoron (communion bread) from 1786 completes the remarkable heritage of our Monastery.